The computer plays an important part in our everyday life. It is one of the great 16 in the world in the 17 century. It works for us not only at home, in the offices, in big shops, 18 at schools. Today it is used 19 many ways. It really 20 the world large wealth (財富) and happiness.
The first computer in the world was 21 Enid. It was built in America in 1946. It was 22 and heavy. 23 it was born, it has been developing very fast. Until now it has gone 24 four periods(時期，階段)and changed a lot. There’re many kinds of computers. Computers are getting smaller and smaller and computing faster and faster. It becomes more and more 25 .
The computer can do most of the things 26 the people. It can help us to 27 about the real world more quickly, to learn 28 we want to learn and to think 29 ourselves. 30 a student in the twenty-first century, you must work hard at it.
16. A. inventions B. discoveries C. robots D. inventors
17. A. twenty-first B. twenties C. twelfth D. twentieth
18. A. also B. but also C. too D. either
19. A. in B. to C. by D. over
20. A. takes B. helps C. gets D. brings
21. A. found B. invented C. called D. bought
22.A. easy B. small C. large D. light
23. A. For B. Until C. When D. Since
24. A. by B. across C. through D. against
25. A. serious B. harmful. C. dangerous D. helpful
26. A. for B. to C. at D. with
27. A. set B. tell C. know D. talk
28. A. what B. that C. which D. who
29. A. of B. about C. out D. for
30. A. For B. Be C. As D. To